Monday, February 16, 2009

Sorry I did not take any pictures at my last two visits. I will tomorrow. We are truly seeing blessings in the lives of our boys. Both boys are progressing awesome. Both are almost up to full feedings for their age which is about 35ml for Kaleb and 30ml for Carter. To put it in perspective it is about 7 teaspoons for Kaleb and 6 teaspoons for Carter. Both are being taken off their IV nutrition and both do not have to have the photo lights for Jaundice any more. The problem they are going to have now is having enough energy to finish all of their feedings. If they can not tolerate taking it by bottle then they give it to them with an NG tube which is in their nose. This is normal for preemies.
Ashlyn is glad that I am home. She is a little concerned about me still not being able to pick her up. She asked me this morning if the doctor used a "carving knife" to get the babies out. She wants people to look at my incision when they come over and cries when I tell her no. She has picked up some interesting bad habits in my absence which will require extra patience to overcome. On the flip side--I sure love being home with her. Soon the boys will be home and things will definitely change around here.

2 comments:

Woodlands said...

I hope those bad habbits didn't come from us:) We are glad things are going good for Kaleb and Carter. That is awesome.

Vanessa said...

hey suzy, i'm glad that you are able to be back at home with al and ashlyn. But I remember what it feels like to have to leave the hospital and leave your baby(s) there. It is hard and you and your family are in my prayers! Love you guys!