We will not profess to have green thumbs, but boy does our first garden look awesome! Alan and I decided to plant a garden at a community garden. We thought that it would be a great opportunity for our kids as well as us. I will admit that it has been slightly harder than I anticipated. I thought we would be able to go as a family and plant, weed, and water with smiles on our faces. That lasted about one hour and then the rest of the time was spent keeping our children out of other people's gardens. So now the weeding and watering gets done at 6:30 in the morning while my cute kids are sleeping. Our plot is 16X30 feet--which is more than we need. We have learned a lot. It has been interesting to see how others have planted their gardens. The bottom picture is of our first harvest. We are proud of our little garden! It will be interesting to see if we do it again next year.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Beginners Luck
We will not profess to have green thumbs, but boy does our first garden look awesome! Alan and I decided to plant a garden at a community garden. We thought that it would be a great opportunity for our kids as well as us. I will admit that it has been slightly harder than I anticipated. I thought we would be able to go as a family and plant, weed, and water with smiles on our faces. That lasted about one hour and then the rest of the time was spent keeping our children out of other people's gardens. So now the weeding and watering gets done at 6:30 in the morning while my cute kids are sleeping. Our plot is 16X30 feet--which is more than we need. We have learned a lot. It has been interesting to see how others have planted their gardens. The bottom picture is of our first harvest. We are proud of our little garden! It will be interesting to see if we do it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow it looks awesome! It was so great to see you, even if it was only for a little while.
How awesome for your family. Even though it is hard work it is good to know you can provide food for your family. We Love our garden!!! Wish it looked as good as yours this year.
Post a Comment